Monday, October 18, 2010

Released Stack-O-Lantern on to Kongregate

I am happy to say that I released my first game on Kongregate, called "Stack-O-Lantern."  As I've said in previous posts, it is a game where Halloween characters are stacked on top of each other and it is up to you to get them out of the stack without dropping them.  Here are some screen shots of the finished product:


Title Menu

Scene Selection Screen
Note: Every title you roll over changes the look of this scene

 Cemetery Scene

 Fall Time Scene

There are a total of five scenes covering all types of Halloween or Fall-themed places.  Each level, except for the first one, has a particular challenge about it that makes it a little harder to get a high score or low time.  For instance, the Cemetery scene pictured above, has all of the characters sitting on top of a teeter-totter that will go out of balance if you are too reckless.  The Fall Time scene pictured above has little acorns that fall out of the trees and hit your pile of characters.

I also added sounds, a custom mouse cursor, achievements integrated with the Kongregate API, and some neat physics effects.  Overall, it was a simple  game that taught me way more than I thought it would.  I will be posting some tutorials based off what I learned and incorporated in the game.  I will also post what the reactions to the game are.

No comments:

Post a Comment